Friday, February 17, 2012

Inspiration: Water

I've found that a lot of my life revolves around water. Work, sport and leisure. It's hard to explain just how much water means to me (and yes, I realize that sounds ridiculous) but it's true! I joined the high school swim team and fell in love with the sport in 2004. Because of that swim team I met the love of my life in 2007. I took up a job as a swim instructor and lifeguard that has provided me with most of my work experience, as well as numerous friendships and moments that I will never forget. And finally, I've had a pool in the backyard of my home, that has been the center of most all of my family activities since 2000. In these ways water to me stands for so much more than it actually is. It's friendship, family and love. It's truly inspirational to me.

These are some artist's images relating to water that I just love.

Damien Pyret's Swim & Steam series

 

 

Alyssa Monks



No comments:

Post a Comment